Blepharoplasty, also known as an eyelid lift, is a cosmetic procedure that removes excess skin and fat from the upper and/or lower eyelids. Typically, the best candidates for this type of facial plastic surgery are individuals who:
- Exhibit one or more of the following signs of aging, sun exposure, and/or squinting:
- Droopy or overstretched upper eyelid skin
- Puffiness in the upper/lower lids
- Sagging lower eyelid skin
- Hollowed out appearance to the upper cheeks
- Are in good physical health
- Are mentally and emotionally stable
- Have appropriate motivations for and expectations of surgery
It’s important for individuals in Tampa who are considering blepharoplasty to understand that cosmetic eye surgery on its own may not fully address wrinkles or fine lines surrounding the eyes. As a result, a plastic surgeon may recommend combining blepharoplasty with another procedure, such as a brow lift, face lift, or facial filler injections. A patient should always consult several Board Certified plastic surgeons who can recommend the procedure or combination of procedures that will best address the patient’s concerns.
Residents of Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Naples, Sarasota, and all other communities throughout Florida seeking a highly skilled blepharoplasty surgeon can turn to Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Daniel Greenwald of Bayshore Plastic Surgery. Dr. Greenwald has extensive experience performing cosmetic eye surgery and many other procedures, including rhinoplasty, face lifts, and more. We also offer Restylane ® injections and other facial fillers.
To learn more blepharoplasty or any of our other cosmetic procedures, contact Bayshore Plastic Surgery in Tampa at 888-840-3199.