By looking at body contouring before and after photos, it is possible to gain a realistic understanding of what this type of plastic surgery can and cannot be expected to accomplish. Dr. Daniel Greenwald, a Board-certified plastic surgeon at Bayshore Plastic Surgery in Tampa, FL, makes his extensive portfolio of surgical results available for viewing at his office. In keeping with his commitment to educating his patients and helping them make informed choices, Dr. Greenwald believes this type of review is an important part of the pre-surgical consultation process.
First and foremost, Dr. Greenwald encourages prospective patients in Tampa, Florida, to refer to his body contouring before and after photographs as they explain their surgical goals. While this can be useful prior to any type of plastic surgery, it is especially important with respect to body contouring. That’s because it is critical for a patient to understand that body contouring surgery is not intended to be a weight loss method. Instead, it is specifically designed to address lax, hanging skin and small pockets of stubborn fat. As such, clear communication between the patient and surgeon is vital to a successful surgical outcome. Rather than relying completely on spoken words, Dr. Greenwald uses before and after images to facilitate a mutual understanding and essentially ensure that he and his patient are completely on the same page before proceeding with surgery.
In addition to having an in-depth discussion with a patient that includes a review of body contouring before and after photos, Dr. Greenwald will typically:
- Review the patient’s general medical history
- Confirm that the patient has maintained a healthy, stable body weight for at least 12 months
- Evaluate the body area(s) to be addressed with surgery
- Determine whether the results the patient is seeking can be achieved with body contouring and, if so, recommend the technique(s) that he believes represent the best option(s)
- Describe the outcome that he believes will likely result from the proposed surgery
- Provide a detailed overview of the recommended procedure(s)
- Explain the anticipated body contouring recovery process
- Answer questions
After Dr. Greenwald confirms that a patient is a good candidate for body contouring, and that the patient fully understands the surgery and what it will entail, the patient may choose to schedule a standard pre-op testing and surgery date with Bayshore Plastic Surgery.
To set up an initial appointment with Dr. Greenwald at Bayshore Plastic Surgery in Tampa, FL, call 1-888-840-3199. Prior to your consultation, you can review a representative selection of body contouring before and after photos in Bayshore’s online gallery.