Botox ® treatment is an effective way to achieve a more youthful appearance without undergoing surgery. The treatment involves injections of botulinum toxin, which can relax contracted facial muscles that cause wrinkles, creases, and lines. Injections are especially effective in reducing the appearance of forehead creases, crow’s feet, frown lines (between eyebrows), perioral wrinkles (vertical lines on the upper lip), and nasolabial folds (laugh lines). Injections may also be used to treat thinning lips. Typically, the effects of Botox injections can last for three to four months.
In general, the best candidates for Botox treatment are individuals who:
- Exhibit one or more of the aforementioned physical characteristics
- Are in good physical, psychological, and emotional health
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Do not have sun-damaged skin
- Have sufficient skin tone
- Do not suffer from certain medical conditions, such as neurological diseases
- Have realistic expectations for the procedure
Botox may also used to treat certain medical conditions, such as severe muscles spasms, jaw tension, excessive blinking, and excessive underarm sweating.
To find out if you’re a candidate for cosmetic Botox injections, contact Bayshore Plastic Surgery today at 888-840-3199. We offer many cosmetic fillers to treat the effects of facial aging. Depending on your specific needs, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Daniel Greenwald may recommend cosmetic facelift surgery, or combination of a facelift and other procedures, to further enhance your results.