Brazilian butt augmentation is designed to sculpt the gluteal area to create a fuller and shapelier appearance. This popular surgery typically combines liposuction of a patient’s lower back, waist, hips, or thighs with fat transfers to the buttocks to add the desired level of volume and projection. This procedure can be very effective for certain patients; however, it is not right for everyone. For personalized advice, individuals in the Tampa, FL, area can consult with Dr. Daniel Greenwald, a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in performing liposuction, fat transfers, butt augmentation, butt implant surgery, and other cosmetic procedures. Dr. Greenwald is also recognized by the Consumers’ Research Council of America as one of the Best Doctors in America.
As explained by Dr. Greenwald, the goal of Brazilian butt augmentation is to enhance the volume and shape of the buttocks, which can appear flat and saggy for a number of reasons, such as:
- Aging – Over time, the body’s skin naturally becomes drier, thinner, and looser.
- Weakened muscles – Inactivity can cause the gluteal muscles (maximum and medius) to atrophy and lose their strength and tone.
- Weight fluctuations – Excess pounds can stretch the skin beyond the point that it can “bounce back” after weight loss.
- Gravity – The downward forces of gravity can cause even a derriere that was once high and firm to start to head south.
- Genetics – Some people naturally have disproportionately small buttocks.
When performing Brazilian butt augmentation in Tampa, Florida, Dr. Greenwald typically removes unwanted fat from another area of a patient’s body, processes the harvested fat, and then strategically injects it into the upper quadrants of the buttocks to add shape and create a lift effect. As a result, not only will the derriere become curvier and more augmented, but the donor area will look more contoured as well.
For patients who have insufficient body fat for Brazilian butt augmentation, there are alternatives. For instance, butt implants are designed for patients whose small buttocks are noticeably out of proportion with the rest of their bodies. Crafted from silicone materials, implants can increase the fullness, roundness, and projection of the buttocks, and also make the waist look smaller by comparison to achieve a beautiful, hourglass-shaped effect.
To learn more about Brazilian butt augmentation surgery and find out if it is right for you, call Bayshore Plastic Surgery at 1-888-840-3199 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Greenwald at his office in Tampa, FL.