The recovery period that follows a Brazilian butt lift is typically quicker and easier than that associated with other types of butt augmentation, such as the placement of implants. Even so, rest and activity modification are essential to the healing process. To ensure the best possible outcome, a patient must carefully follow the specific instructions provided by his or her surgeon. Because every patient recovers at a different rate, the best source of information is a personal consultation with a surgeon. Individuals in the Tampa, FL, area can consult with and entrust their care to Dr. Daniel Greenwald, a board-certified plastic surgeon at Bayshore Plastic Surgery.
For general planning purposes, Dr. Greenwald offers the following information that a prospective patient can review in advance of a personal appointment at his office in Tampa, Florida. During Brazilian butt lift recovery:
- Light walking is encouraged as soon as possible after surgery to promote blood flow and facilitate healing.
- Some degree of pain is to be expected. Dr. Greenwald can prescribe medication to manage the associated discomfort.
- A special compression garment may be worn for approximately two to four weeks to control swelling and support the newly reshaped buttocks.
- Any lost sensation in the treated area should return gradually.
- It is important to avoid sitting and placing weight directly on the buttocks for approximately three weeks in order to allow the body to revascularize the transferred fatty tissue. Dr. Greenwald generally advises patients to initially sleep on their stomachs or sides, and to sit on specially designed cushions and support their weight with their thighs when seated.
- Most patients can return to work within two weeks, unless their jobs require extensive sitting or strenuous physical activity.
The final results of liposuction and butt augmentation usually become apparent within several weeks and can be expected to be long-lasting if Dr. Greenwald’s instructions are followed. It’s important to keep in mind that fat excels in its natural environment; therefore, a subsequent weight loss or gain can alter the effects of a Brazilian butt lift – even after recovery is complete. Therefore, Dr. Greenwald advises his patients to maintain a healthy, stable body weight following the procedure.
Patients in the Tampa, FL, area who are interested in learning more about Brazilian butt lift surgery and recovery can call Bayshore Plastic Surgery at 1-888-840-3199.