Eyelid surgery is a cosmetic procedure that is designed to enhance the appearance of the upper and lower eyelids. The skin around the eyes is usually one of the first areas to show signs of aging, often in the form of wrinkles, drooping skin, and puffiness or “bags.” Dr. Daniel Greenwald, a highly experienced, Board-certified plastic surgeon at Bayshore Plastic Surgery in Tampa, Florida, can perform eyelid surgery that skillfully targets this area to reveal a more youthful and rejuvenated facial appearance. Recognized as one of the Best Doctors in Tampa Bay, as well as one of the Best Doctors in America, Dr. Greenwald has earned a national reputation as an outstanding cosmetic surgeon who is dedicated to providing exceptional patient care.
The contours of the eyelids play key roles in the expressiveness of the face. When hidden by sagging skin or fatty tissue, the eyes can inappropriately project fatigue as well as make a person look much older than his or her years. Eyelid surgery is a highly sought-after cosmetic procedure that can address these concerns. For example, when performing eyelid surgery at Bayshore Plastic Surgery in Tampa, FL, Dr. Greenwald might:
- Create an incision in the crease of the upper eyelid to reduce potential scarring by concealing the lines within the natural contours of the eyelid region
- Remove an ellipse of excess skin and fatty tissue that conceals an upper eyelid or causes it to droop
- Reduce or reposition fatty tissue deposits situated behind the squinting muscle and the main structure of the upper eyelid
- Create an incision on the inside of the lower lid to hide the lines and minimize scarring (because the lower eyelid has no antigravity muscles, excess scarring can lead to lid droop)
- Remove fat and eliminate distortions that create puffy bags and dark shadows under the eye
- Smooth wrinkles and tighten the lower eyelid
An ideal candidate for eyelid surgery is generally someone who:
- Is in good overall health
- Has realistic expectations and a positive outlook
- Feels that he or she looks tired or worn out, even when well rested, due to saggy lids and puffy under-eye bags
- Would like to improve the appearance of loose skin that creates folds and obscures the natural contour of the upper eyelid, or excess skin and wrinkling on the lower eyelid
- Has drooping eyelid skin that obstructs his or her line of vision
Following eyelid surgery, a patient might experience some degree of swelling and bruising, and possibly eye irritation or blurred vision for a few days. These symptoms can usually be addressed by elevating the head, applying cool compresses, and taking pain relievers as needed.
If you’d like to find out if you’re a candidate for eyelid surgery or to learn more about the procedure, please contact Bayshore Plastic Surgery at 888-840-3199. During a personal consultation at his clinic in Tampa, FL, Dr. Greenwald can answer your questions about eyelid surgery and other cosmetic procedures that can enhance your appearance.