It’s important to properly prepare for your lipo procedure in Tampa to ensure optimum results. Whether you’re seeking lipo to treat fat pockets in your abdomen, thighs, buttocks, or elsewhere on your body, you’ll need to closely follow the specific preoperative guidelines that your surgeon provides to you.
Lipo patients may receive different instructions based on their chosen procedure, body type, and overall health, but in general, a Board Certified plastic surgeon will recommend that you:
- Fill all your prescriptions before your lipo surgery
- Recruit a friend or family member to drive you to and from the hospital or surgical center, and assist you at home for at least 24 hours following the procedure
- Set up a comfortable resting/sleeping area in your home, with extra pillows, postoperative medications, loose fitting clothing, and forms of entertainment (TV, movies, books, magazines, etc.)
- Quit smoking at least two weeks prior to surgery to ensure proper healing
- Stop taking aspirin and other anti-inflammatory drugs at least two weeks before surgery, as these drugs may increase bleeding
- Refrain from drinking alcohol the day before and the day of your procedure; you should also avoid drinking while taking pain medication
Patients seeking additional information about preparing for a lipo procedure in Tampa, St Petersburg, Clearwater, or anywhere else in Florida can turn to Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Daniel Greenwald of Bayshore Plastic Surgery. Dr. Greenwald was educated and trained at Yale, Harvard, Princeton, and the University of Chicago, and has decades of experience performing a variety of liposuction procedures.
Contact Bayshore Plastic Surgery at 888-840-3199 to learn more.