Rhinoplasty surgery can change the size, shape, and angles of the nose. While aesthetic preferences can vary significantly among individuals, the main goal of a rhinoplasty procedure is usually to alter the proportions of a patient’s nose to enhance the overall harmony of his or her facial features. Additionally, rhinoplasty surgery may be performed to address a deviated septum and improve airflow.
Due to the wide variety of possible patient needs, there is no such thing as a “standard nose job.” Instead, the surgery should be fully customized and performed by an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon to ensure the best possible outcome. In the Tampa, Florida, area patients have been entrusting their rhinoplasty surgeries to Dr. Daniel Greenwald of Bayshore Plastic Surgery for more than 20 years.
If you’re considering rhinoplasty surgery to enhance the appearance or function of your nose (or both), you can schedule an appointment to discuss your options with Dr. Greenwald at his office in Tampa, FL. At that time, Dr. Greenwald will:
- Encourage you to be completely honest about your goals for rhinoplasty surgery
- Explain the importance of having realistic expectations
- Examine the structure of your nasal framework (bone and cartilage), nasal coverage (skin), nasal lining (mucosa), and the shape of your face
- Assess any breathing or other functional issues with your nose that you may be experiencing
- Evaluate your overall physical and mental health
- Ask about the medications you are currently taking, if any
- Discuss your surgical options, explaining each proposed procedure in detail, along with the potential benefits, risks, and limitations
If you and Dr. Greenwald determine that you are a candidate for rhinoplasty surgery and you choose to proceed, Dr. Greenwald might recommend a closed or open surgical approach based on your needs and goals. The main differences between the two techniques are the number and placement of the incisions. In general, Dr. Greenwald performs closed rhinoplasty surgery through one or more internal incisions. An open procedure usually requires an additional small incision on the bottom of the columella (the column of tissue situated between the nostrils).
If you are interested in rhinoplasty surgery and would like to discuss your surgical goals with Dr. Greenwald, you can contact Bayshore Plastic Surgery at 888-840-3199 to schedule an appointment at our office in Tampa, FL.