Liposuction Surgery Artfully Performed by a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon in Tampa, FL
If you recently dropped a few pounds, good for you! But, if you haven’t quite achieved your appearance-related goals, liposuction surgery may help you cross the weight-loss finish line. This type of cosmetic plastic surgery can enhance the proportions and contours of a targeted area of your body that has stubbornly resisted the effects of diet and exercise.
Essentially, lipo is a surgical procedure designed to break up and suction away small amounts of fatty tissue from a specific area of the body, such as the abdomen, neck, or upper thighs. However, because liposuction surgery will have no effect on loose skin or weak muscles, it is not appropriate for everyone.
Are You a Candidate?
The best way to determine if lipo is right for you is to meet with a qualified surgeon who can thoroughly evaluate your anatomy, concerns, and expectations. For more than two decades, individuals in the Tampa, Florida, area have been turning to Dr. Daniel Greenwald, founder of Bayshore Plastic Surgery, to help them achieve their aesthetic goals with liposuction surgery. As a Board-certified plastic surgeon who has earned the trust and respect of his patients and peers alike, Dr. Greenwald is exceptionally qualified to perform lipo, which involves the meticulous sculpting of the human body.
The Value of a Personal Consultation
Dr. Greenwald feels strongly about the importance of an in-depth, face-to-face discussion between patient and surgeon prior to making any decisions about liposuction surgery. He recognizes that lipo is far from a one-size-fits-all procedure; rather, he believes that an artistic eye, skillful touch, and customized surgical techniques are necessary to achieve an optimal result. Toward that end, he works closely with each patient to develop an individualized treatment plan, which may include other cosmetic procedures in addition to – or instead of – liposuction surgery, such as a tummy tuck, thigh lift, buttock lift, spider vein removal, or body lift.
To educate prospective patients and help them make fully informed treatment decisions with confidence, Dr. Greenwald offers personal consultations. At a time that fits your schedule, you can meet with Dr. Greenwald at his comfortable Tampa-area office, where he will:
- Discuss your medical history and medication use in detail
- Review your expectations for liposuction surgery to ensure they are reasonable and attainable
- Confirm that you’ve maintained a stable, healthy body weight for at least several months and that you are committed to doing so after your procedure (weight gain or loss after cosmetic surgery can affect the final result)
- Carefully examine the area of your body that you would like to treat with lipo to assess the elasticity of the overlying skin, the amount of fat present, and the contours of the underlying muscles
- Describe the amount of loose skin, if any, that may be present after liposuction surgery (and, if appropriate, suggest a more suitable procedure to achieve the effect you’re looking for, such as an abdominoplasty)
- Use a mirror to help you visualize the outcome you can expect
- Show you before and after photos of other patients he has treated
- Answer your questions
- Explain what you can expect during your recovery
What Happens During Liposuction Surgery?
In general, Dr. Greenwald begins a liposuction procedure by making a few small incisions around the treatment site, often in the natural folds of the skin. After inserting a slim, hollow tube (cannula) through an incision to reach the underlying fatty tissue, Dr. Greenwald moves the cannula back and forth to break up the fat for ease of removal. He then uses a suctioning device attached to the cannula to remove some fat.
The Goal of Liposuction Surgery
It is essential to keep in mind that lipo is not intended to be a weight-loss tool, nor should it be expected to produce a dramatic result. Instead, a good outcome is subtle and natural-looking.
To schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Greenwald, contact Bayshore Plastic Surgery at 877-873-7522. Dr. Greenwald will be pleased to answer your questions about liposuction surgery and any other cosmetic procedures you may be interested in, such as ultrasonic liposuction, liposculpture surgery, mini tummy tuck surgery, arm lift surgery, or fat transfer surgery.