In recent years plastic surgery for men has increased in popularity. According to the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, eight percent of all cosmetic surgeries performed in 2010 were on male patients.
The most common procedures for males are:
- Gynecomastia surgery – This procedure treats enlarged male breasts by removing excess breast tissue with liposuction.
- Liposuction – This surgical technique is used to eliminate fat pockets that won’t respond to diet and exercise. For men, the most common areas treated with liposuction include the abdominals, back, and face.
- Eyelid surgery – Also known as blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery removes loose, sagging skin from the brow bone and upper and lower eyelids. This procedure can also reduce dark under eye circles and eliminate puffiness. The result is a fresh, more youthful appearance.
- Rhinoplasty – This procedure is also known as a nose job or nose reshaping. Rhinoplasty helps to improve facial proportions by changing the size or shape of the nasal bridge, tip of the nose, or nostrils.
- Otoplasty –In most cases, this procedure is used to decrease ear protrusion and bring the ears closer to the head, but it can also be used for other types of reshaping or repositioning of the ears.
Patients in Tampa, St Petersburg, Clearwater, and surrounding areas who want to learn more about cosmetic surgery for men can turn to Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Daniel Greenwald of Bayshore Plastic Surgery. Dr. Greenwald was educated and trained at Princeton, Yale, Harvard, and the University of Chicago, and he has become one of the Tampa Bay area’s most trusted plastic surgeons.