Many men and women consider plastic surgery after weight loss to enhance and define the body’s contours. Whether weight loss was achieved naturally or with bariatric surgery, patients often have sagging, excess skin and fat pockets that won’t respond to diet and exercise.
Body contouring surgery after weight loss can remove extra skin and fat, particularly in trouble areas such as the arms, abdomen, back, and thighs. The result is a smooth, defined silhouette and tighter, firmer skin.
The best candidates for post weight loss plastic surgery have maintained a stable weight for at least six months with a healthy diet and regular exercise. Potential surgeries include:
- Tummy tuck – creates a taut abdomen and shapely waistline by removing loose skin around the midsection and tightening abdominal muscles
- Thigh lift – tightens the inner and/or outer thighs by removing fat deposits and extra skin from the upper legs and lower buttocks
- Arm lift – tightens the upper arm by removing sagging skin from the armpit to the elbow
- Breast lift – creates perkier, firmer breasts by raising the breast and removing excess skin
- Breast augmentation – increases breast volume and may be performed in conjunction with a breast lift
Some patients may require several procedures to remove stubborn fat and extra skin after weight loss. An upper body lift involves contouring the chest, back, and waist, while a lower body lift focuses on the outer and inner thighs, buttocks, and abdomen. A total body lift combines both procedures. If you have lost a considerable amount of weight and are considering cosmetic procedures to enhance the results of your hard work, you can turn to Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Daniel Greenwald of Bayshore Plastic Surgery. Dr. Greenwald is one of Tampa Bay’s most respected surgeons and was named one of America’s Top Surgeons in 2009, 2010, and 2011 by the Consumer Research Council.
Contact Bayshore Plastic Surgery today at 877-873-7522. We gladly serve patients in Tampa, St Petersburg, Clearwater, Sarasota, Naples, and other communities throughout Florida.