A Thigh Lift Can Firm & Contour Your Upper Legs
A thigh lift (thighplasty) is a cosmetic plastic surgery procedure that primarily involves tightening loose skin in the inner and/or outer thighs, as well as removing small pockets of fatty tissue. The goal is to enhance the appearance of the upper legs, which often lose definition as a result of weight loss or the natural aging process. While some people are able to achieve the results they desire with diet and exercise, others find it difficult to tone their thighs, even with consistent workouts and healthy eating habits. In these situations, cosmetic plastic surgery may be a good option.
If you’re interested in exploring the possibility of achieving a sleeker lower body with a thigh lift, you are welcome to discuss your surgical goals with Dr. Daniel Greenwald. A Board Certified plastic surgeon who founded his solo practice, Bayshore Plastic Surgery, in Tampa, Florida, more than two decades ago, Dr. Greenwald helps many patients achieve their aesthetic goals. During a personal consultation, he can help you decide if a thigh lift is right for you.
Are You a Good Candidate for a Thigh Lift?
Following an in-depth discussion, Dr. Greenwald can evaluate your candidacy for a thigh lift by performing a physical examination and a review of your medical history. Assuming you are generally healthy, you may be a good candidate for a thigh lift if:
- You are troubled by loose skin and small pockets of fat in your inner or outer thighs
- You have already made a sincere attempt to achieve the results you are looking for with diet and exercise
- You have maintained a stable, healthy body weight for at least 12 months
- You do not smoke or use other tobacco products
- You have realistic expectations about what can be achieved with a thigh lift procedure
- You are willing to commit to maintaining a healthy, stable body weight after your surgery
Types of Thighplasty
If you are a candidate for a thigh lift and you decide to proceed, Dr. Greenwald can suggest a customized surgical plan based on your unique needs and goals. For instance, he may recommend a:
- Inner/medial lift – Focuses on removing fatty tissue and tightening the skin on the upper part of the inner thigh
- Bilateral lift – Focuses on tightening the skin on the front and outside of the leg
- Ultrasonic liposuction procedure – Can be performed along with a thigh lift to achieve a more refined result if excess fatty tissue is present
What to Expect After a Thigh Lift
The time it takes to recover from a thigh lift can vary depending on the type of procedure performed as well as the patient’s anatomy and healing ability. Many people are able to resume most of their regular daily activities within two to three weeks after their surgery.
Following a thigh lift, an improvement in the quality of the skin – in terms of both appearance and feel – should be apparent almost immediately, although it can take several months for the final surgical result to fully develop. Over time, the skin on the thighs (and entire body) will naturally lose firmness and elasticity, but with healthy lifestyle practices, the surgical result can be long-lasting. To help ensure the best outcome, it’s important to closely follow the surgeon’s post-surgical instructions and attend regular follow-up appointments.
For more information on how a thigh lift can smooth and define your upper legs, contact Bayshore Plastic Surgery to schedule a personal appointment with Dr. Greenwald at his office in Tampa, FL.